One way you can support Brighter Futures is to donate as a result of your own celebration.
It could be a milestone birthday, wedding anniversary or your wedding day.
Many supporters choose to donate to us instead of giving presents. You can choose to support any ward or department at the hospital or one of our current appeals.
You could sent up a Facebook Fundraiser and share with all your contacts!
Here is checklist to ensure you are ready to get your Facebook Birthday Fundraiser set up:
- Pick a title and description for your fundraiser
- Find a cover photo
- Decide on the amount of money you want to raise
- Choose the date you want your fundraiser to end
Click here to set up your Facebook Fundraiser.
Here are our top tips for making your Facebook Fundraiser a success:
- Invite your family and friends – make sure you get all your nearest and dearest involved to celebrate your birthday and help you fundraise by sending them a message with a link to your Facebook fundraising page
- Ask close friends and family to make the first donations to get you started
- Share your personal reasons for fundraising for Brighter Futures on your page, post updates. Monitor your donations and you can increase your goal amount when you reach it.
- Say thanks. Be sure to thank your friends and family early and often. Also it’s your birthday so have fun.
Below are some lovely success stories of our supporters raising money in celebration of their weddings.
Tony and Mary Gray asked their friends and family to donate to the Radiotherapy Appeal at their recent wedding. In total, £1,432 was donated by family and friends attending their day.
Joan and Ted Wright found love after becoming Britain's oldest newlyweds in January 2018. Together they have supported the Brighter Futures Radiotherapy Appeal at their birthdays earlier in the year too and so far have raised £3,500 from donations instead of wedding presents.
We can supply you with some branded materials such as collection boxes and leaflets for your event, get in touch with the Fundraising Team today.