Our Orchard and Forest Wards in the Swindon Intermediate Care Centre organise activities for patients to help improve loneliness and isolation. Activities include exercise classes, bingo, crafting and a breakfast club. They would like to continue to do these activities but would like donations of items to make the sessions more fun and interactive. If you are able to donate any of the following items the centre would love them:
- Magnetic darts
- Large dominoes
- Age appropriate board games eg. scrabble and any you can think of!
- Age appropriate puzzles (100- 400 pieces)
- Relaxation/background music CD's
- Paper/card in different sizes and colours (orange and green for pumpkins this Halloween)
- Pens, pencils and coloured pencils
- Colouring books/pictures
- Water colours palletes, other paints for salt dough and paintbrushes
- Various materials for crafting eg, felt, tissue paper, lolly sticks, ribbons, anything you can think of for crafting!
- Flour, salt and cookie cutters for salt dough work.
- Knitting needles, different sizes, crochet sticks, wool in different colours
- Objects to paint, mugs, plates, bowls, figures, large pictures
All items can be posted or dropped into the Brighter Futures which is located on the lower ground floor of the Brunel Treatment Centre. Or sent direct to the Swindon Intermediate Care Centre.